My 'IPL Match' Trip

14 March 2010
It was Feb end. A group of 10-11 friends, including me, were enjoying lunch in one of the college corridors. Discussions were going on as usual. We started discussing IPL matches. There was a match on 13th of march between Punjab and Delhi, the day I had my last mid-semester exam. The match was at 8pm in Mohali. So, We friends thought it a great trip rejuvenate ourselves after the exams.

We all bought tickets. We were around 10 - Myself, Sahil, Punil, Chitvan, Vikas, Anshul, Deevanshu... Exams went slowly taking every drop of us. Finally after the last exam, we met at the bus stand at around 4pm to depart from Patiala as planned. We took a bus to Chandigarh. After getting the bus, everyone was eager to reach to the destination at the earliest. Meanwhile we gossiped, read SMSes, talked and laughed together in the cool breeze coming in from windows.


On reaching Sector-43 bus-stand Chandigarh, We waited for the local bus to the cricket stadium in Mohali. Meanwhile we had some snacks. When the bus came, everyone rushed in as it was the last one to go. After a while, the stadium flash lights were visible. We left the bus and went to the entry gate. Sadly, the one we arrived at was for VIPs. We tried to get the entry but in vain. We walked around for 20 minutes to reach the appropriate gate.

The atmosphere of the stadium was much more cheerful as that been observed on Television. Everyone was jumping, screaming and enjoying their presence. In a moment, we got mixed up with them. At every hit, we stood up and cheered.

After the match, I had to go my sister's house in Chandigarh and my friends had plan to think after the match what to do after that. Match ended at around 2345 hrs and I was worried as my sister was waiting for me. As we came out of the stadium, i want to rush to my sis's house. Unfortunately, there was no auto-rikshaw available there. We walked along and there was none yet. It seemed that we could not have an auto-rickshaw easily and could reach there after 1:00 am. So, I told my sis that I was with my friends and would come in the morning.

We walked for around one or one and a half km to catch an auto-rickshaw. We all went to 17 sector bus stand and had stuffed paranthas. We roamed in the 17 sector market. It was around 3:00 in the morning. Finally took a local bus from there to 43 sec bus stand to catch a bus to Patiala. But unlike my friends, I had to go to my sis's house in the morning. After reaching Sector 43 bus-stand, we found the earliest bus was at around 5:00. So, everyone sat in a nearby restaurant and fortunately a TV was available there. On demand, the owner tuned the TV to set max. We enjoyed the innings of Yousuf Pahtan(Smashing 100 of just 37 balls).

At around 5am, one of my friend from Chandigarh dropped me to my destination and others took the bus for Patiala.

No comments:

Post a Comment